Personal Information Collection Notice
for Employees and Applicants
Wiland, Inc. (the “Company”) values the trust of its employees and applicants and is committed to processing and protecting their personal information in accordance with applicable law. For employees or applicants who are California residents, this includes processing and protecting their personal information in accordance with the requirements set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
The Company collects and uses Personal Information for human resources, employment, benefit administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes as well as to maintain compliance with certain legal requirements. This information helps the Company in contingency planning and internal talent searches, in addition to supporting routine Human Resources and operational processes. By submitting your information to the Company, you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to all of the terms of this Notice, as outlined below and as it may be modified by us, from time to time.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
To conduct business and comply with government regulations we collect various personal and other data. The types of personal data we collect varies based on a number of things. For example, for job applicants, it will vary based on the positions for which you are applying and the method you contact us (e.g. we might collect different information if apply via an online platform versus by through our employment portal). For employees, the type of information may also vary depending on your employment responsibilities, citizenship, location of employment, and other factors. Below are the categories of Personal Information we collect and the purposes for which we intend to use this information:
- Demographic data, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent’s or other individual’s information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- Government identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, and interview notes.
- Employment assessment information. Results from pre-employment assessment tests or other employment qualification information (such as interview notes or results of questions answered or problems responded to in the course of the interview process).
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, background check status and information, drug screening related information, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on Company’s information systems and networks or devices used to access the Company’s systems or networks.
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Company office location.
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as COVID-19 related temperature checks (if we determine to implement those when we eventually return to the office) and call monitoring and video surveillance.
The CCPA classifies personal information by several specific categories, and for purposes of those categories and CCPA-required notices, we classify the information described above into the following categories:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, postal address, online identifiers, IP address, email address, account name, or similar identifiers)
- Categories of personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (which may be duplicative of various other categories listed in this list)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (e.g., race, sex/gender, marital status, age/date of birth, etc.)
- Commercial or transactions information (e.g., records of items purchased, obtained or considered, etc.)
- Internet or other electronic activity information (e.g., information on interaction with a website, application, or advertisement)
- Professional or employment related information (e.g., current or past job history, employment performance information, employee benefits information, etc.)
- Inferences about your predicted characteristics and preferences (e.g., inferences drawn to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behavior, attitudes)
- Other information about you that is linked to personal information above
How We Use Personal Information
The Company collects Personal Information to use or disclose as appropriate to:
- Identify you personally and communicate with you.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and to evaluate and respond to requests or demands from government or regulatory authorities or other legal inquiries or demands from third parties.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks and drug screening.
- Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- onboarding processes;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers’ compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Manage and monitor employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of Company policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain the Company’s operations, including for safety purposes.
- For marketing our business (e.g., announcements or press releases to our clients or potential clients that identify specific employees and their relationship with us or skill set).
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of the Company and its employees, clients, contractors, and agents.
If you have questions about how we collect and use personal information, please contact Wiland’s Human Resources Department or privacy@Wiland.com.
If you have any questions about this notice or need to access this notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact privacy@Wiland.com.